Monday, April 11, 2011

Spinach Green Smoothie

I've mentioned the fact that I'm a green smoothie fanatic before, haven't I?  If not here is the evidence!  One of my good friends got me hooked on them about a year ago, and since then I've been pretty much addicted to them.  I usually put kale in them, but since our kale is just starting now I used some hearty spinach that has miraculously made it through winter.  Kale is jam packed with nutrients, which is why I generally use it, but spinach works too.  I doubled my recipe today because my little guy was super hungry and he loooves green smoothies.  Here is my old stand by green smoothie recipe:

Base:  2 c organic soy or rice milk,

2 c spinach, (or kale) greens:


1 c peaches:


1 cup frozen mixed berries: (For flavor and to hide the green color from the boy.)


Blend in blender or Vita-Mix (preferable)


The finished product!



He wouldn't let me take a pic of him eating his green smoothie, but here he is after drinking every last drop.  That is one happy little guy!


So what are your favorite green smoothie recipes?

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! He is SO CUTE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love green smoothies, too! My recipe depends on what fruits and veggies I have laying around, but I always use spinach and I've never put in milk or soy milk. Yum, I think its time to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good I'll have to try it. I like to do an Ginger Apple Carrot juice drink. I did a post on my blog about it http://theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com/2011/02/apple-carrot-and-ginger-juicing-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments ladies!

    @Elizabeth - I've been using almond milk lately and it's delish!

    @Julie - I'm going to have to try ginger in my green smoothies now. I've heard others do it, but have never tried it myself, sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm - sounds similar to one we do around here. We use kale instead of spinach and plain yogurt instead of milk. We've also swapped in half a banana or a whole carrot for the berries. I like mine a little less sweet, so I use the carrot, but my hubby likes the banana.

    ReplyDelete